The 2015 Honda Crosstour is more or less unchanged from last year, but offers some subtle changes that makes it competitive for the model year.
The Crosstour is a vehicle manufactured by world renowned car manufacturer Honda. The vehicle is classified as a full size crossover SUV and is essentially a Honda Accord in hatchback style with certain SUV like characteristics added for good measure.
The vehicle is one rung below the Honda Pilot in terms of size, although the vehicle is longer and flatter, but it does significantly less cubic space than the large Pilot.
The Crosstour was introduced very recently in the year 2009, making it a veritable baby in Honda’s family of vehicles, but with the new 2015 model Honda seem to be looking to up the ante and help the vehicle make its mark in the world of automotive vehicles.
The ExteriorThe Crosstour is defined by a kind of old school elegance. It successfully mixes the curves of the modern day vehicle with the imposing construction of earlier vehicles. It truly does embody the best of the Accord and the SUV, with some hatchback thrown in.
However, a major downside of the 2015 Honda Crosstour is that it doesn't seem to include any modifications to its design from its predecessors. The vast majority of cars in today’s market have received stylistic revamps, and Honda is lagging behind the curve by opting to keep the design of the 2015 model of the Crosstour the same as the design of the vehicle last year.
There are two trim levels available for the 2015 Honda Crosstour. The lower trim level is called EX and the higher trim level is called the EX-L. Further variations in this vehicle depend on whether you purchase the model offering the four cylinder engine or the model containing the V6 engine.
The four cylinder variant of the EX trim is the lowest end version available for the 2015 Honda Crosstour, and comes with 17 inch alloy wheels. All higher trims, such as the EX with V6 engine and both four cylinder and V6 versions of the EX-L sports 18 inch alloy wheels.
The length of the vehicle also makes it seem ungainly, as though it would be difficult to turn, although the effect the length of the vehicle actually has on its performance is debatable.
The InteriorThe interior of the 2015 model of the Honda Crosstour is very similar to the previous years model of the Honda Accord sedan. There is an overdose of buttons on the front panel, and if you get the navigation system this button overload is made even worse.
However, the combination of a voice activated, high mounted screen as well as a few multipurpose dials and knobs help to simplify matters greatly.
Honda have certainly done a great job of making the interior roomy. The sheer space that is contained within the Crosstour’s structure is surprising, and and you can seat five passengers in the vehicle comfortably.
However, the space within the vehicle, although significant, is a far cry from the vast space you get when purchasing an SUV. Rather than giving us the best of both worlds, we seem to be getting the worst of both.
The ungainliness of the SUV with the lack of room of a sedan. However, the 2015 Honda Crosstour is certainly a more versatile option than the sedan, as it allows you to fold the back seats getting an extra 0.3 cubic metre of space, which is nothing to be sneezed at.
The higher end trims feature leather upholstery on the interior which certainly does a lot to boost the style factor of the vehicle. Additionally, the 2015 Honda Crosstour features a seven speaker sound system, as well as a six cd changer. The sound system can also be connected to your iPod or music player via bluetooth or USB.
SafetyThe 2015 Honda Crosstour features all of the standard safety feature that are common in cars nowadays. The vehicle possesses full front and side curtain airbags, as well as active head restraints for front seat passengers. The vehicle also possesses antilock disc brakes as well as traction control that adjusts stability as well.
There are also a few advanced features available on the vehicle. THe right mirror, for example, includes a camera which can act as a blind spot monitor. The feed is shown on the 8 inch screen included in every version of the car and is automatically turned on whenever the right indicator is turned on.
After a few weeks of driving this car, you will find yourself automatically checking the screen as soon as you turn your right indicator on. The 2015 Honda Crosstour also comes with frontal impact warning systems and lane departure warning systems which are a great addition to safety features in this car.
However, the performance of the brakes on this vehicle leaves something to be desired. The Crosstour comes to a complete stop from 60 miles per hour in 129 feet which is longer than average.
The longer than average in todays day and age is unacceptable, as only the very best safety features are required for the modern consumer to purchase a vehicle.
The United States based Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the 2015 Honda Crosstour as "good" in its frontal and side impact tests.
PerformanceFor a hatchback, the 2015 model of the Honda Crosstour sure has some fine handling. In fact, Honda has been mostly successful in moulding the drive of this vehicle after the Honda Accord.
The steering is accurate, and the handling is solid, making this vehicle a great drive, especially for a larger car intended for families. The V6 model of this vehicle possesses electric power steering which greatly improves fuel economy, but there is little difference between the drive of the V6 engine and the four cylinder engine in terms of fuel efficiency.
However, for all the comparisons to the Accord, the Crosstour simply does not have the same speed due to its heft and ungainly structure, although Honda's noise cancellation helps to make the drive virtually silent.
Pricing and availabilityThe 2015 Honda Crosstour is not yet available in Nigeria. When officially available, you can buy at Honda Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Honda Crosstour price in Nigeria is expected to range from N5,500,000 to 13,000,000 NGN.
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Honda Crosstour and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
2015 Honda Crosstour Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Honda Crosstour Crossover SUV:
- Beam Headlights: Projector Beam Halogen Headlights
- Power Mirrors: Yes, with turn signal indicators
- Power Moonroof: Yes
- Power Liftgates: No (Manual Liftgates)
- Steel Wheels: No
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 17-inch Wheel (Four Cylinder Engine trims), 18-inch Wheels (V6 Engine trims)
- HSEA Glass: -
- Rear spoiler: -
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: -
- Grille: -
- Air Conditioning: Yes, EX V6 and EX-L offer Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 7 Speaker System
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Voice Recognition: Available as an optional package for EX-L trims with Navi Systems
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 8-inch, 480 x 320 pixels Display (Except for the EX Four Cylinder trims)
- Backup Camera: Yes
- Satelite Radio: Yes (EX-L trims only)
- Run Apps: -
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes, V6 models add Smart Entry
- Fabric Seats: Yes (LX trims only)
- Leather Seats: Yes (EX-L trims only)
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Steering Wheel: Yes Power Steering (Tilt/Telescopic), Leather wrap for EX-L trims
- Power Doors: Yes
- Modes: -
- Power Windows: Yes
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): Yes
- Front Collision Warning (FCW): Yes (EX-L trims only)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Yes (EX-L trims only)
- Airbags: Yes
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: -
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: Yes
- Engine Type: 2.4-Litre 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC or 3.5-Litre V6, 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC Engine
- Engine Power: 278 hp @ 6200 rpm (V6 Engine), 192 hp @ 7000 rpm ()
- Engine Torque: 252 lb.-ft. @ 4900 rpm (V6 Engine), 162 lb.-ft. @ 4400 rpm ()
- Ignition System: Direct Ignition System
- Transmission: 5-speed Automatic ( with Four Cylinder Engine), 6-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifter (V6 Engine)
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive (All trims) or All-wheel drive (EX-L trims only)
- Brakes: Disc Brakes
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 22 / 31 / 25 mpg or 20 / 30 / 23 mpg (FWD V6), 19 / 28 / 22 mpg (AWD)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- Width: 74.7 Inches
- Length: 196.6 Inches
- Height (2WD/AWD): 61.5 Inches
- Wheelbase: 110.1 Inches
- Ground Clearance (2WD/AWD): 6.2 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 57.8 / 56.2 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 55.3 / 53.9 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 42.2 / 37.4 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 39.5 / 37.5 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: up to 1680 to 1862 kg
- Cargo Room (rear seat up/rear seat down): 0.727 / 1.45 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 70 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Towing Capacity: 453 (4 Cylinder) / 680 kg (V6)
Read Overviews of Honda cars:
Labels: honda, Honda Crosstour, SUV, Vehicle
Read More: 2015 Honda Crosstour SUV Price Features Specs & Review