One of the first tasks you may want to perform after getting Facebook Timeline is to remove or hide all previous posts that you do not want others to see. Like I stated in the introductory post in this Facebook Timeline series, timeline makes it a lot easy for people to find older posts on your profile.
So the only way to ensure no one finds those embarrassing updates, photos, or videos is to hide or delete them before publishing your Facebook timeline. Note that your timeline will publish automatically 7 days after your first preview. So, make sure you edit it before then.
All your Facebook updates a click away
Facebook Timeline makes it easy for your friends or depending on your privacy settings anyone to easily find your older posts. In fact, your friends can easily find the first ever post you made on Facebook if they want to. Compare that with Facebook Wall which made it a lot difficult.
To see the posts you made in 2010, just click on the 2010 link on the right side of the display.
How to hide or delete posts on Timeline
To hide or delete a post you have to find it first. You can start by brainstorming to remember any compromising or embarrassing posts you may have made in the past. If you remember the year, you can simply click on the archive link for the year. Another method is to go through your posts one year at a time.
If you find a compromising post, you hide or delete it. Hiding means it will no longer be visible on your timeline. Deleting is your safest option. To delete or hide a post, point the mouse on the post to reveal two small buttons on the top right corner of the post, click on the Edit or remove button (the button with pencil symbol) on the post, then choose the option you prefer (hide or delete).
So there you have it. Have you edited your timeline yet?
More Facebook & Social Networking Content
- Pin & Unpin Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Timeline for Business & Fan pages
- Add Milestones to Facebook Timeline with Life Event Tab
- A Faster way to Hide & unhide posts on Facebook Timeline
- Rearrange Tabs on Facebook Timeline
- Unhide Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Highlight & Hide Posts Facebook Timeline
- How to make your Facebook Cover Photo
- Cover Photo for your Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Open Graph for Timeline
- 2go is top Social networking & IM app in Nigeria
- Social networking & IM apps top for mobile subscribers in Nigeria
- Share Location with Facebook Places
- Social Networking popular on BlackBerry
- Facebook Adds Friends Activity Tab
- New Facebook UI with Timeline
- Google+ Social Network a Facebook alternative