In my earlier post on how to add a Facebook cover photo to your Facebook Timeline, I told you that making a normal photo fit as a cover photo on Facebook Timeline is very hard. If you have attempted adding your own cover photo, you must have faced similar challenges. So, we will see some of your options for making a good cover photo for your timeline.
Upload a photo & drag
Facebook enable you drag a photo into position before saving it as a cover photo. This ensures that all the part of the photo you want seen are visible on your timeline. However, the dragging feature will not work in most cases especially if you want everything on the photo to appear as your cover photo.
One trick you can use to getting a fitting photo with the dragging tool offered by Facebook alone is to upload a photo with the area you want to appear as your cover photo as far away as possible from the edges of the photo that way you can easily drag the important area into focus.
Use a photo editor
Most photos will require some form of cropping or photo editing before they can fit as a cover photo. The job can easily be done by the photo editor that ship with your phone or computer. But you can also use a professional photo editor. There are also photo editor apps on Facebook like phixr and Aviary photo editors. The benefit of using photo editor is that you can add effects. Note that a Facebook cover photo must be at least 400 pixels wide.
Use a Facebook photo cover editor
With fitting Facebook covers a major problem for users, a number of services have emerged to solve the problem. All they do is help you size and design your cover photo for primetime on Facebook Timeline. Aviary photo editor has incorporated the feature on their Facebook app. myfbcovers is a dedicated Facebook cover photo designing tool.
Use a Facebook photo cover Finder
Well, you may not have a photo inspiring enough to use as your Facebook cover photo or you just want to grab a photo fast that will occupy your cover photo space while you put your creativity at work in designing a great photo cover of your own. Yes you can use a Facebook cover finder like facecoverz to find a cover of your own.
Facebook cover photo finders offer a predesigned cover. The cover photos are arranged in different categories. Pick the one you like and it will be uploaded as a cover photo on your Facebook Timeline. Of course, they may add a watermark on the photo or may require some authorisation to post to your timeline.
So, what about you, which method did you use to create your Facebook photo cover? Do you have another method for creating good Facebook cover photos? Share it with me as a comment.
More Facebook & Social Networking Content
- Pin & Unpin Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Timeline for Business & Fan pages
- Add Milestones to Facebook Timeline with Life Event Tab
- A Faster way to Hide & unhide posts on Facebook Timeline
- Rearrange Tabs on Facebook Timeline
- Unhide Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Highlight & Hide Posts Facebook Timeline
- Hide & Delete Posts from Facebook Timeline
- Cover Photo for your Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Open Graph for Timeline
- 2go is top Social networking & IM app in Nigeria
- Social networking & IM apps top for mobile subscribers in Nigeria
- Share Location with Facebook Places
- Social Networking popular on BlackBerry
- Facebook Adds Friends Activity Tab
- New Facebook UI with Timeline
- Google+ Social Network a Facebook alternative