Facebook is currently rolling out Timeline, the replacement for the Facebook wall. The Facebook Timeline makes it easy for you and your friends to see your life story or at least the ones you make available online. With Facebook Timeline you can go back as far as the very first post you made on Facebook and you can add more to build a comprehensive life story of yourself.
Facebook Timeline vs Wall
The jury is out early on the new Timeline feature with most respondents to our poll on which they prefer Facebook Timeline or Wall favouring the Facebook wall. However I would want to assume that most respondents favouring Facebook wall did so because they are already used to it and will not want to start relearning Facebook on account of the new Timeline feature.
Facebook Timeline to me is a big advancement. Its interface looks great for touch displays, which is the direction the world seems to be going today. The Facebook Timeline feature will be cool on touchscreen as it supports the ability to move things around and peg them in another location.
One other great thing about Facebook Timeline is that the content area is now larger, giving users more room to put their stuff.
One Facebook Timeline Precuation
With Facebook Wall there was a limit to what information your friends can find about you. If you post regularly it was almost impossible for friends to find posts you made two or three months ago. Facebook Timeline is a game changer. It makes it very easy for friends to go through your older posts. If I want to get to posts you made in 2008, I can simply do that by clicking on the 2008 on your Facebook Timeline.
So, before publishing your timeline, make sure you go through all your posts and remove updates, photos, or videos you may have uploaded in the past which your want buried. Another option is to change the privacy setting of the post to make it invisible to all except you.
Learn Facebook Timeline with us
Over the next coming days we will be posting content related to the new Facebook Timeline and showing you how to manage it. We will also be handling Facebook Timeline for brands. So, if you manage a Facebook page join us every day for a new how to.
Have turned on Facebook Timeline? What is your experience? Share your experience as a comment.
More Facebook & Social Networking Content
- Pin & Unpin Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Timeline for Business & Fan pages
- Add Milestones to Facebook Timeline with Life Event Tab
- A Faster way to Hide & unhide posts on Facebook Timeline
- Rearrange Tabs on Facebook Timeline
- Unhide Posts on Facebook Timeline
- Highlight & Hide Posts Facebook Timeline
- Hide & Delete Posts from Facebook Timeline
- How to make your Facebook Cover Photo
- Cover Photo for your Facebook Timeline
- Facebook Open Graph for Timeline
- 2go is top Social networking & IM app in Nigeria
- Social networking & IM apps top for mobile subscribers in Nigeria
- Share Location with Facebook Places
- Social Networking popular on BlackBerry
- Facebook Adds Friends Activity Tab
- New Facebook UI with Timeline
- Google+ Social Network a Facebook alternative