Airtel has revamped its data plans to be more competitive in the market place. Airtel Smartphone data plan, which used to offer 1GB now offers 50% more data at 1.5GB. The internet data bundles have been priced for competitiveness in the market place and offer 30-day 24/7 internet access limited to their respective data caps. The Airtel 1.5GB Data plan is priced at 3,000 Naira.
What makes Airtel 1GB internet plan very attractive?
The Airtel 1GB internet, also called the Airtel Smartphone browsing plan, offers 30-day 24/7 internet access limited to 1.5GB for N3,000. Airtel Smartphone internet plan strikes the right balance between price, convenience, and data usage limit. Other internet data plans from other networks in Nigeria, within the same price range offer lower data allowance or restrict the time you browse like day, night, or weekend internet data plans.
Who needs Airtel 1.5GB internet browsing plan?
If your internet access needs is above 750MB in 30-days but less than 1.5GB within the same period, we recommend the Airtel 1.5GB Data Plan. If you stream lots of video and do lots of download/upload probably on 3G, 1GB data allowance may be small for you. Airtel recommends that you use the 1GB internet browsing bundle on your mobile devices like smart phones, and tablet PCs. That is a good advice; however you can still use the plan on your modem for connecting your laptop or desktop to the internet.
How to access Airtel 1.5GB Data Plan?
The Airtel 1GB Internet bundle can be accessed via an internet enabled phone (GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA) or a compatible internet modem. You will require Airtel internet settings in your mobile device or modem. For manual configuration, just enter internet.ng.zain.com as your Access Point Name (APN). Password and username are not required.
Airtel also supports automatic internet configuration. According to information on their website, here is the process:
“Send an SMS with the word internet[space]phone brand[space] model to 232 eg internet sonyericsson P910i to receive your settings.
Accept, install or save the settings that will be sent to your phone by sms. If asked for a Pin, please use ‘0’ or ‘0000’.
Once your Airtel Internet browsing settings is loaded successfully, buy and load Airtel recharge cards worth N3,000 into your internet enabled mobile phone, device, or USB modem and dial *141*712*10#. You will receive an SMS in a short-while informing you of the success or failure of your request. If your request is successful, you can now start browsing the internet. In 30-days or on using 1GB, your Airtel Smartphone internet plan will expire. The downside of Airtel internet packages is that you are not alerted when your internet package expires. Once your Airtel internet package expires, your internet access will automatically default to pay as you go at 15kb/s without alerting you. So if you have extra credit on your device, it may be wiped out before you know what is going on.
Prices and Activation Codes of Airtel Internet Plan
Here are prices and activation codes of various Airtel Internet bundles:
- Airtel 768 Data Plan (125MB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*12*7# – N768
- Airtel Smartphone Data Plan (1.5GB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*11*7# – N3,000
- Airtel Midi Internet Plan (325MB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*11*5# – N1,300
- Airtel Surf Data Plan (750B, 30 day,24/7) – *141*11*6# – N2,000
- Airtel Plus Internet Data plan (3GB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*712*1# – N5,000
- Airtel Max Data Plan (5GB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*712*2# – N8,000
- Airtel Premium Internet Bundle (10GB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*712*5# – N15,000
- Airtel Lite Data Plan (200MB, 30 day,24/7) – *141*11*4# – N1,000
- Airtel Night Data plan (3GB, 30 day) – *141*712*7# – N2,500
- Airtel Weekend Data plan (3GB, weekends) – *141*712*8# – N3,000
- Airtel Weekly Data Plan (25MB, 7 day,24/7) – *141*712*9# – N400
- Airtel Daily Internet Plan (10MB, 24 hours) – *141*712*11# – N100
- Airtel Day Internet Plan (150MB, 24 hours) – *141*712*3# – N500
- Check your data balance – *141*712*0#
- Airtel USB modem – 5,000 Naira
For more information about Airtel data plans, visit Airtel website at www.ng.airtel.com.
Dial Airtel customer care line 111 with an Airtel phone for more information on Airtel Internet plans.
Internet Related Topic
- Compare Data Plans
- Cost of Internet Access April, 2011
- Value for money internet access bundles
- Cheap Internet browsing packages
- Glo Internet Browsing
- Etisalat Free internet Browsing bundles
- Airtel Internet Browsing 1GB Plan
- Connecting to the Internet
- Starcomms Internet Browsing Bundles
- Multilinks Internet Browsing Plans
- Find Internet Browsing Access codes
- Airtel StepUp: the more you talk the cheaper it gets
- Airtel Joli offers cheap call rates
- Airtel truTalk & truTxt: cheaper calls and text on Airtel network
- Airtel Me2U empowers you to sell, share & transfer credit
- Airtel launches unmanned payphones
- MTN Data Plans
- Visafone Data Plans
- Etisalat Data Plans